Thursday, October 21, 2010

Calling All Projects....

Thought I would show a couple little side projects I have worked on in the last month or so... First one is a table that my friend, Brook had bought at our garage sale for the Reynosa, Mexico Missions Trip.  Someone donated it for us and we put $40 on it!  Solid Oak...but black is so much prettier at this time!  ;)  So I stripped it (three times  :/  )  and here was the final outcome!  I had to throw two of my own chairs in there too give it the total look!   Loved it!


Next up was another project that I had promised Brook's - at the time, finace...Joel.  It is a book shelf that Kevin made for him because we needed certain dimensions for his then, apartment and we were not successful in finding anything to fit!  So.... I painted the word  Continue... on it in memory of his best friend, Nathan Junker.

And last but not least...one for me!!!  I rarely ever take the time to finish something for me...ha!  So....this was a gun cabinet that we tore the racks out and put shelves in it....I sanded it down and stripped it and painted it a lighter color to match my room and now it is my "sweater hutch"!  Ever heard of that?!  I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment